Today my English teacher was acting grumpy and halfway through class she sighed and said “I’m sorry I’m cranky today guys, I just keep thinking about the How I Met Your Mother finale”
You need to rest and recover from physical stress.
Recovery time is important because it is then when the body adapts to the stress from the new exercises and the effect from your workout takes place. Your workouts cause muscle tissue breakdown and during the recovery period does your body repair the damaged tissues as well as replenish the energy lost during the exercising. (Source)
You need to rest and recover from mental stress.
Relaxation lowers your stress levels, reducing the likelihood of developing depression, boosting your immune system, and raising your metabolism.
- Acknowledge any stress that you carry and set aside some time to truly relax. The hour before bedtime is good because it eases you into a sleepy mentality which will improve your sleep quality and in turn lower your stress levels!
- Practise breathing techniques, yoga and meditation to slow your heart rate, reconnect with your body and clear your mind.
- Make it a ritual to pamper yourself. Whether that’s curling up with a blanket and your favourite book, or putting some relaxing music on during a bath.
- Stop feeling guilty.
- Learn to prioritise.
- Get enough sleep.
- Give hugs, especially to your lovely friends who care about you. Physical contact is important.
Part of my Beautiful Health series.
“It’s a metaphor,” I said, dubious. Mom was just idling.
“It’s a metaphor,” he said.
“You choose your behaviors based on their metaphorical resonances…” I said.
“Oh, yes.” He smiled. The big, goofy, real smile. “I’m a big believer in metaphor, Hazel Grace.”
What’s In My Bag: Coachella Edition
You guysss, it’s finally here. My favorite weekend of the year… COACHELLA!!! I’m sooo excited. The line-up is killer (can’t wait to see Disclosure!)! I’ve spent this past week packing for Coachella (yes, a week… it gets serious over here). I get asked a lot about what I’m going to wear, but I decided to shake things up a bit and share with you what’s INSIDE my bag when I’m frolicking around the grounds of Indio. Ok, here goes….
1. Camera: This is essential! In addition to the musical performances, there is dope art at Coachella, so def bring a camera to capture the moments. Cell cams work great too, but be sure to bring a battery pack b/c you’ll def drain your phone’s battery.
2. Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths: The desert is HOT. These cloths are perfect for keeping cool and staying fresh when you are on the go.
3. Jewelry: Accessories are a must. I’ll be rocking these vintage turquoise pieces and a Vanessa Mooney coin necklace.
4. Head Pieces: I like options, so I always bring a few headbands with me. Shop Krown head pieces are my faves!
5. Wildfox Sunnies: You 1000% need a pair of sunglasses at Coachella!
6. Good Energy: I carry this rose quartz heart and these special healing oil blends with me throughout the weekend. :)
7. Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream: Since the weather is scorching in Indio, there’s a lot of skin showing at the festival. So in addition to sun block, you want to make sure your skin is hydrated and looks flawless.
8. John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength 6 Effects Serum: The days are long while at Coachella, so gotta keep your frizz tamed!
9. Bioré Self-Heating One Minute Mask: After a full day of music, art, parties, and fun you’ll want to give your face a nice deep clean before bed.
10. Coin purse: This is good to keep all the important stuff in one place (ID, cash, keys, and lipgloss).
And there you have it. Eeeeek I can’t believe it’s today! See you guys in Indio. :))
PS. The pattern in the background is from my Cleobella bag!
*Brought to you by KAO USA.
I have never seen a comment on a post that is as true as this one.